Subject: netatalk (was Re: current state of TGA?)
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/02/2001 15:00:39
On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Michael G. Schabert wrote:

> Now I'm going to download the latest source to make a kernel with some
> PCMCIA and netatalk support.

Hello Mike,

If you get netatalk working, please let me know!  I've been fighting it for
some time.  I have yet to just break down and compile/install the latest
version by hand because I'd much rather use the pkg_add system.  But to
date I cannot find a version for NetBSD/Alpha which isn't broken.  The best
I can do is one which errors-out on creation of directory (such as via
drag-n-drop), yet then creates an empty directory anyway (without contained
files).

Sigh..

-bp
--
# bryanxms at ecst dot csuchico dot edu       Support the American Red Cross
# Software Engineer                               http://www.redcross.org