Subject: Re: current state of TGA?
To: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/02/2001 17:41:51
At 4:39 PM -0500 11/2/01, R. C. Dowdeswell wrote:
>On 712542892 seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch
>"Michael G. Schabert" wrote:
>>
>>>Hmmm, this looks more like a problem with the X binary itself,
>>>because at that stage it is trying to open shared objects---not
>>>trying to configure the screen.
>>>
>>>What version of NetBSD are you using?
>
>>alpha# uname -a
>>NetBSD alpha.prez.net 1.5W NetBSD 1.5W (prez) #18: Wed Jul 11
>>22:57:53 EDT 2001
>>      mikeride@mirandagraph06:/usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/compile/prez alpha
>
>I think that this is pretty similar to the version that I'm running.
>Could you try out the following Xserver:
>
>http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/XalphaNetBSD.bz2
>
>It is possible that the Xserver binary has broken at some point,
>and I haven't upgraded my X binaries in quite some time.  :-)

Good show :-).
After I unpacked all the snapshot tarballs, it still didn't work. So
I replaced the XalphaNetBSD with yours and up came a bunch of windows
using the full screen! Now I'm going to download the latest source to
make a kernel with some PCMCIA and netatalk support.

Thank you a lot for your help!

Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.