Subject: Re: current state of TGA?
To: Michael G. Schabert <>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/02/2001 16:39:40
"Michael G. Schabert" wrote:
>>Hmmm, this looks more like a problem with the X binary itself,
>>because at that stage it is trying to open shared objects---not
>>trying to configure the screen.
>>What version of NetBSD are you using?

>alpha# uname -a
>NetBSD 1.5W NetBSD 1.5W (prez) #18: Wed Jul 11 22:57:53 EDT 2001
>     mikeride@mirandagraph06:/usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/compile/prez alpha

I think that this is pretty similar to the version that I'm running.
Could you try out the following Xserver:

It is possible that the Xserver binary has broken at some point,
and I haven't upgraded my X binaries in quite some time.  :-)

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==
 == Ponte, Inc.                            ==