Subject: Re: current state of TGA?
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/02/2001 01:25:07
"Michael G. Schabert" wrote:

>I recently brought my AS200 back home, as it's been running as a
>headless server for quite awhile. I was wondering if there was
>anything newer on the TGA front than the year-old mention in the FAQ.
>Dmesg gives me:
>
>alpha# dmesg | grep tga
>tga0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0: DC21030 step C, board type T32-08
>tga0: 1280 x 1024, 32bpp, Bt463 RAMDAC
>tga0: interrupting at isa irq 10
>wsdisplay0 at tga0: console (std, vt100 emulation)
>
>so I'm assuming that the card is the ZLXp-E2, judging by Roland's
>post about a week ago. Is this supported as a graphics (read X) card,
>or is it still only good for a text console?

If it works as a console, it should work for X, too.  Just give it
a try, and report any errors that you get back here.  (I think that
the X support was added at almost exactly the same time as the
console support.)

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==