Subject: 3000/400 panic
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/30/2001 17:38:24
Dear NetBSD/alpha:

I have version 1.5.2 running on a 3000/400 with 96 MB RAM.  This afternoon
I couldn't get any response from it, and when I went to investigate found
it had crashed.  The output which is appended to this message was on the
console.

Is it possible to say what caused the problem?  This machine has crashed
for no apparent reason in the past, although it's been running reliably for
a few months now.  Perhaps it's a temperature-related fault; the weather is
warming up here now.

Power cycling it has cured it, for the time being at least.

Ray

login: panic: lockmgr: no context
Stopped at      cpu_Debugger+0x4:       ret     zero,(ra)
db> Warning: received processor correctable error.

fatal kernel trap:

    trap entry = 0x2 (memory management fault)
    a0         = 0x1200020022e528
    a1         = 0x1
    a2         = 0xffffffffffffffff
    pc         = 0x1200020022e528
    ra         = 0xfffffc00005fb840
    curproc    = 0x0

Caught exception in ddb.
db>
fatal kernel trap:

    trap entry = 0x2 (memory management fault)
    a0         = 0x0
    a1         = 0x1
    a2         = 0xffffffffffffffff
    pc         = 0x0