Subject: Re: PX/PXG Xserver
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Andrew Doran <ad@interlude.eu.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/22/2001 15:46:16
Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de> wrote:

> But this is a future project. I tested your PX X11 server with my PXG+
> on my DEC 3000 600. The first start of the X11 server scramled the screan,
> then the server core dumped.

Both of these happen because the server dumps core (it "tickles" the board).
A work-around for that is pending.. I have one in my local source tree.

To be honest, I'm not completely sure that I didn't give you a dodgy server.
I'll get a freshly compiled one at some point... but unfortunatley I don't
have access to an alpha right now. Sorry! :-(. Anyway, here's a month-or-so
old screenshot to prove that it works (two rendering bugs in there since
fixed). :-)

	http://www.interlude.eu.org/~ad/rambo.gif

Andrew