Subject: Re: *** no timer interrupts on CPU 0 *** ?
To: NetBSD/Alpha <>
From: None <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/21/2001 11:45:49
On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 12:45:16AM -0700, B. James Phillippe wrote:
> Hello,
> I am seeing a strange message on bootup of my PC164 about "no timer
> interrupts on CPU 0".  I have only had this system for about 2 weeks, but
> this is the first time I've seen this.  I am running 1.5.2 and the system
> seems to be working otherwise without problem.  Before I dive into this any
> further, is there any cause for alarm here?  Here is the output I am seeing
> (booting via serial console):

It doesn't seem to be a problem on the AXPpci33 I've had running for
over a year. I seem to get that message when I power the machine on
and let it boot without stopping at an SRM prompt. NetBSD doesn't seem
to care.

Kevin P. Neal

"It sounded pretty good, but it's hard to tell how it will work out
in practice." -- Dennis Ritchie, ~1977, "Summary of a DEC 32-bit machine"