Subject: Re: *** no timer interrupts on CPU 0 *** ?
To: NetBSD/Alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/21/2001 11:45:49
On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 12:45:16AM -0700, B. James Phillippe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am seeing a strange message on bootup of my PC164 about "no timer
> interrupts on CPU 0".  I have only had this system for about 2 weeks, but
> this is the first time I've seen this.  I am running 1.5.2 and the system
> seems to be working otherwise without problem.  Before I dive into this any
> further, is there any cause for alarm here?  Here is the output I am seeing
> (booting via serial console):

It doesn't seem to be a problem on the AXPpci33 I've had running for
over a year. I seem to get that message when I power the machine on
and let it boot without stopping at an SRM prompt. NetBSD doesn't seem
to care.

*shrug*

"It sounded pretty good, but it's hard to tell how it will work out
in practice." -- Dennis Ritchie, ~1977, "Summary of a DEC 32-bit machine"