Subject: Re: Two dead AXPpxi33 boards?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/18/2001 18:14:45
On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 09:56:26AM -0400, David Woyciesjes wrote:
> ! .... The power supply is good as far as I know...
>
> Okay,

But I'll check it tonight anyway.

> ! No video card I have works, including the PCI card out of my working
> ! AS 200. I can't test the serial ports until I get some adaptors, so
> ! I'm ordering some next week.
>
> Now, this doesn't sound right, but do you get anything on the screen? If so,
> try giving it the M$ Salute... [CTRL][ALT][DEL]

No go. No video card does anything at all, so my monitor doesn't have
anything to sync to.

> ! Hooking up a keyboard doesn't do anything to affect the video card. A
> ! keyboard (PS/2-style) that I hooked up had all three lights
> ! (num,caps,scroll) on, and no key affected their status.
>
> Are you sure it's in the KB port (away from the power connectors), and not
> the mouse port?

I tried both. Nothing.

> ! A speaker connected to the board does nothing.
>
> Try reversing polarity?

No change.

> ! My case happens to have a power led with wires to two 1-pin cables, so
> ! I'm able to test the diagnostic connector (J6, not the manufacturing
> ! one). It appears the pins are 1-16 with 1 being the lowest
> ! and farthest back, and it appears that the pins zig zag.
>
> Zig zag? Huh?

 (power connectors here)
                              2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16
                              1 3 5 7 9  11 13 15

 (ISA slots here)

--
"A method for inducing cats to exercise consists of directing a beam of
invisible light produced by a hand-held laser apparatus onto the floor ...