Subject: Re: [OT] Jumping PC164 to work with ATX power supply
To: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/17/2001 09:18:34
On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, B. James Phillippe wrote:

> Anyway, has anyone does this before?  I have a soldering iron and eltronics
> solder and am willing to give it a go.  Anyone who has done this and had
> problems (or knows of other reasons I should proceed with caution) please
> let me know.

Yep, I've done it. I soldered a 2-pin header to the pins on the MB, and
replaced the switch at the front in the minitower with a toggle switch.
If you don't like the thought of soldering on the MB, it's just as easy
to splice two wires into the ones that goes to the connector from the
power supply.

Disclaimer.
As always, when making changes to electrical equipment.
Be careful, lots of nasty things can happen if things go wrong.
Shock, death by electrocution, fire, or...

--
cheers,

/Anders

... The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when then get
to know each other.
		-- Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius", stardate 4372.5

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 (0)70 6770210
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:    http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN