Subject: Re: 1.5.2 and ksh?
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/08/2001 18:38:48
>> ksh: j_waitj: tcsetpgrp(10, 20544) failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>I've been unable to reproduce it, and I think I've seen it happen after
>just running one ordinary command, or sometimes only after thousands (or
>effectively "never" -- I have a shell working fine now with 3636 on the
>history counter).

reproducing it using a shell is tricky.

the problem is that the ttysleep() in the top half of ttioctl() gets
interrupted and returns ERESTART.  ptyioctl() incorrectly interprets
this as "no such ioctl" (see nullioctl(), which returns -1) and ends
up returning ENOTTY.

i'm in the middle of overhauling the ioctl code in the kernel to
eliminate this problem.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|