Subject: Re: 1.5.2 and ksh?
To: Stephen M Jones <smj@cirr.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/08/2001 18:18:38
[[ let's redirect this to current-users ]]

[ On Monday, October 8, 2001 at 12:13:31 (-0500), Stephen M Jones wrote: ]
> Subject: 1.5.2 and ksh?
>
> On a system that had a 1.5.1 install, I installed a 1.5.2 kernel and I've
> noticed that ksh has been randomly reporting this error:
>
> ksh: j_waitj: tcsetpgrp(10, 20544) failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> From reading the pdksh change log this was a bug that was fixed in a
> later release than the one in the 1.5.1 distribution.  I've compiled the
> latest version of pdksh 5.2.14 .. but this morning This same error message
> popped up.
>
> I've replaced the distributed version of ksh on the installed system.
>
> This is an Alpha running the 1.5.2 kernel.

This also happens to me on i386 with 1.5W (2001/06/24 sources).

I've been unable to reproduce it, and I think I've seen it happen after
just running one ordinary command, or sometimes only after thousands (or
effectively "never" -- I have a shell working fine now with 3636 on the
history counter).

--
							Greg A. Woods