Subject: RAM for PWS500au and Powerstorm 4D50T
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/05/2001 18:38:07
Hi.

There is that nice PWS500au in my machine room (now with working
Ethernet...). 192MB RAM is quite nice, but I want more when I look at
the prices for 256MB DIMMs. ;-)
This leads to the question: Can I put normal PeeCee ECC SDRAM DIMMs
(PC66 / PC100 / PC133) in that machine?
I tried one of the 32MB DIMMs from my PWS500au in a PeeCee (intel TX
chipset) and it did not work. So I am afraid that the PWS DIMMs are not
standard PC{66,100,133} DIMMs.

The same for the Powerstorm 4D50T in that machine. There are two empty
DIMM sockets for texture RAM. Do I need any special DIMMs, or can I
move the two 32MB DIMMs from the mainboard to the 4D50T when I put in
the two 256MB DIMMs?
--

tschüß,
         Jochen