Subject: 6+ Mbps SYN flood causing Alpha 500a Workstation box to lock up.
To: 'port-alpha@netbsd.org' <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Laurence Brockman <L.Brockman@videon.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/02/2001 14:01:32
Haven't done too much investigation into this, but we have a workstation box
running ircd on efnet (Runs fairly well). Recently we've been getting hit
with an interesting DoS... We get hit with a whole bunch of SYN packets (As
it says in subject, 6+ Mbps). This causes the box to totally stop processing
ANY packets, both on that interface and on another interface.

This box is running 1.5.1 with 256 megs of ram. I'm wondering if anyone has
encountered this before? And if so how they fixed it? Also, would upgrading
to 1.5.2 fix this problem?

Thanks,
Laurence

--