Subject: Re: PC164 SCSI
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/29/2001 18:05:47
In message <20010929222647.4B1FB1E4D4@thoreau.thistledown.com.au>, Simon Burge
writes:
>> Details:  I have tried about five different LSI/Symbios '875 controllers,
>> and a Qlogic ISP-1040.

>On my pc164, i use a Qlogic 1020 and ASUS '810a, both of which I can
>boot from.  I've heard you need a certain amount of luck with the '875s
>and have no idea about later-model Qlogic boards.

Hmm.  I have been told before that 1040's have been tested to work in PC164's,
but for some reason, none of them work *for me*.  At this point, I would
be interested in experiments:
* Does anyone have a "known working" SCSI card that I could borrow for
testing?  Ideally an ultra/wide; I'm told this has been done.
* Does anyone have a PC164 known to boot from SCSI devices, which could have
a SCSI card put in it for testing?

Basically, given that I have about five different '875 cards, and a 1040,
that don't work, I'm assuming that the problem is in some way tied to the
system or its setup.

-s