Subject: Recommend SCSI for PC164SX
To: NetBSD/Alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/21/2001 20:01:53
Hello,

I just purchased a new PC164SX bare mainboard on which to install NetBSD.
I would like to obtain a good, solid, well-supported Ultra-wide SCSI host
adapter for this system.  Searching the Net yielded that any NCR, SYMBIOS
or Qlogic controller should be supported by SRM (it needs to be supported
because I will have one drive and I want to boot off of it).  Are there any
64-bit SCSI boards out there that I might be able to find which really
serve well under NetBSD, and can be booted from SRM?

Please email me at home as well; I'm on the list with a different address
which is being firewalled out by my sucky ISP.

thanks,
-bp
--
# bryan at terran dot org                      Support the American Red Cross
# http://www.terran.org/~bryan                    http://www.redcross.org