Subject: Re: DEC 3000/400 CD drives
To: Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
From: rb <rb@bitbucket.co.uk>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/16/2001 00:57:33
Thanks...

Strangely, it was only when searching for the specs on the Toshiba drive
that I was planning to use that I stumbled across a gem of a document
at:

		http://sites.inka.de/pcde/dec-cdrom-list.txt

I've got a number of Toshiba XM-5701b devices that appear to be
supported...although I'm still struggling to boot from them. Once I get
it figured out, I'll dump my brain onto the list. I'm fairly sure it
must be something to do with the mode settings on the drive.

Another strange fact is that the original device seemd to be jumpered
for ID2 but appeared as DKA400 (I'm positive...really!). When I
recreated the device ID on the replacement drive, it gets picked up as
DKA200. Ho hum...

Regards

Rory Beaton
Dundee, Scotland

--
 )))))))  rb@bitbucket.co.uk  <-- home mail  )))))))
 (((((((  Beware of high-speed information!  (((((((