Subject: RE: Am I being ignored and/or blocked?
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/14/2001 13:27:23
On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, David Woyciesjes wrote:

> 	Thanks Ross. Anyway, my recent post is more of a request for a
> confirmation of my suspicions...
>
> ---My Multia froze hard one day, running 1.5.1, and hasn't powered up since.
> Changed memory, battery, tried FailSafe Diskette, still no boot. I assume
> Heat Death, right?
> ---Second Multia, when I try to boot 1.5.1 from floppy and SCSI, gets...
> "Processor Correctable Error through vector 00000063"...
> Changed memory, battery, tried FailSafe Diskette, still the same. Assume
> Heat Death on this too...
>
> 	An older message, which is kind of moot now, since none of my
> Multias can boot 1.5.1 at the moment...
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/2001/08/02/0008.html
>
> 	May be related to current problem, but I don't recall which of the
> two dead Multias I was using when I was trying to get serial console
> working... I think it was the one that now gets the Vector 63 error...

Hey David,
Sorry I didn't help either - but for the most part it was because I didn't
know what the heck *I* was doing either :-)
In general answer to your above questions though, Multia's are junk (can't
get mine to work either), and 1.5.1 has had nothing but problems since
it's release - hence the 1.5.2 release (today?)..  Try 1.5, which works
fantastic on my 200 4/233..

-Linc.

--
  1:23pm  up 32 days,  6:47,  5 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00