Subject: RE: Am I being ignored and/or blocked?
To: None <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/14/2001 11:06:06
Ok, it's impossible to be sure of a HW diagnosis remotely, which
probably accounts for the lack of response, but there are fairly
decent odds that you've got a couple of heat death cases, because
the chip that overheats is part of the RAM array driver, IIRC. What
was the usual ambient?  Did you run them flat or vertically?

You might want to look at the bottom of your system board .. that
chip runs so hot that the legend ink or perhaps even the epoxy
itself turns brown in the center and even _looks_ burnt to a casual
inspection.