Subject: Re: Help with netboot install of 1.5
To: B. James Phillippe <bryan@terran.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/11/2001 11:44:08
On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, B. James Phillippe wrote:

> Hmmm, I can't seem to find the file "netboot" on my CD's.  These are Wasabi
> 1.5 CD's.  In any case, I finally gave up and made floppies from the boot
> images and am installing that now.  But I would like to figure out how to
> get the netboot working in case I have to use it in the future.  FWIW, I
> tried netbsd.alpha, alpha/binary/kernel/netbsd.GENERIC.gz,
> alpha/installation/instkernel/netbsd.gz, each as-is and uncompressed.

  Hmm, the netboot stuff seems to be missing from the 1.5 distribution.
You should be able to use the one from the 1.5.1 distribution, if you
have ftp access to any of the NetBSD mirrors.  The file you want is:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org//pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5.1/alpha/installation/netboot/netboot

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant