Subject: Additions to the collection (was:Re: Alpha 3000)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Stan Pietkiewicz <pietstan@home.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/10/2001 21:06:30
Well, I maanaged to free the Alphas from the demented grip of the
neglected rack monster.... I got the 2 Alpha 3000-800s machines on
Saturday with help from my son - he's eyeing up my NoName as a result...

I had a closer look at them, and they both have 2 PMAZx cards, a DEFTA
fddi adapter, and no internal drives. The one I powered up showed 256MB
of ram... The only damage I've found so far is a mangled, rusty RRD42 in
one of them and a slightly noisy fan. There's some cosmetic rust on the
front trim panels, but I'm not going to worry about it.

I now have another item on my project list, and the other half wasn't
*TOO* upset... ;-})

I am wondering about the PMAZx cards.... I gather, from what I've found
so far on the web, that these are dual channel cards. Is that the case?
If so, then the next item on my shopping list is a few of the Y-scsi
cables i've seen mentioned....
bad bob wrote:

> I have 4 3000s running 1.5 now, and am about to add a 5th.  2 600s,
> 4 400s.  Perf is quite acceptable!! If you don't want them, point
> me toward em!!
> bob

<<snip>>