Subject: Re: 1.5.1 kernel panic this morning.
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen M Jones <smj@cirr.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/29/2001 11:35:23
> NetBSD sdf 1.5.1 NetBSD 1.5.1 (SDF) #0: Mon Aug 13 04:25:25 UTC 2001 alpha
> machine/processor 5305 6533A
>
> This is what I have from our second kernel panic:
>
> Aug 29 15:11:46 sdf /netbsd: panic: vref used where vget required, vp 0xfffffc004eccab20

I read a bug report in an older kernel version but this was related to
the UNION file system.  I am not using UNION, but I am actively using
ffs (of course) and mfs (about 128mb) ..

I realise the way I am using mfs could potientially be a little dangerous.
Its holding my extremely large pwd.db and spwd.db (11 and 21mbs respectively)

These files are constantly being rebuild throughout the day and they HAVE
to live in memory or else it is impossible to use netbsd for our project.

Hopefully this error has nothing to do with mfs ;-)