Subject: error no /dev/console
To: NetBSD Alpha Port <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: T. Martin <catfish@alltel.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/21/2001 23:22:32
 Hello,
I wnet to boot up my DEC3000/300 after it being down for a few monthes
only to find the error no /dev/console.
 Now the question is when sfb is compiled into the kernel does that negate
the serial console working?
 I havn't had a chance to test out serial console as its getting late.
NetBSD 1.5 on the system.
Thanks
Terry

Achilles' Biological Findings:
        (1) If a child looks like his father, that's heredity.  If he
            looks like a neighbor, that's environment.
        (2) A lot of time has been wasted arguing over what came first
            -- the chicken or the egg.  It was undoubtedly the
            rooster.