Subject: Sound on Avanti
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Maloney <adam@whee.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/12/2001 18:21:46
I'm still mucking around with the console problem, but that's neither here
nor their.  I'm trying to get sound to work on this (again, Avanti 200 4/200)
The kernel that was installed didn't seem to find anything audio related.
Does anyone know what sound device I need to enable?  Are there any tricks?
If I get the kernel to see it, do I need to do anything else before mpg123
will work?

BTW, I did get one possible solution to the console problem, but this little
box has been compiling it's little heart out since install, and I didn't
want to interrupt it's fun :)  So I haven't tried anything yet.

Thanks again

--
Adam