Subject: Re: Proud new owner of DEC 3000/400
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/09/2001 11:42:08
> ! I could've sworn there was a build of X for PMAGB on
> ! 3000-series alphas
> ! out there...  of course my 3000/400s aren't unpacked either.
>
> I remember seeing that in the archives. Once I get my 2 Multias up and
> running, NetBSD/X on the 3000 is next...

I have been running X on a current for a while.  It seems to do well
on a 3000 300 LX crate.  Grap the latest snapshot of current and work
up from that.  I can't get it to clear the screen to blank, properly
on exit, but other than that it seems fine.  You need to build the
tcwscons kernel...(maybe someone should add that kernel prebuilt
in the next round of snaps/bootcd's/releases, whatever?).

Bob