Subject: Re: Proud new owner of DEC 3000/400
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/08/2001 20:59:56
On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 02:34:29PM -0400, David Woyciesjes wrote:

> 	Here's the question. Does anyone have any hints/tips about this
> beast? How about documentation?

I have two 3000/400s, and documentation around here somewhere...
unfortunately I moved and it's still packed away somewhere.  :P  I'll
see if I can dig it out.

> I've found the System Programmer's Manual, but it's in .ps format, and
> I don't know how to get it to print either odd-pages or even-pages
> only. (So I can print on both sides of a page).

use psselect in pkgsrc/print/psutils to split postscript into even and
odd pages, or 2-up on two sides, or able to be bound as a book, etc...

> 	Since this puppy only has SRM console, I'll be contributing to the
> effort of getting NetBSD/X running on these boxes.

I could've sworn there was a build of X for PMAGB on 3000-series alphas
out there...  of course my 3000/400s aren't unpacked either.

rrgh.  :)