Subject: NetSDF
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/08/2001 00:45:27
G'day,

is there any reason why NetBSD-alpha goes into debug mode whenever it
looses connectivity to its serial console? I still haven't managed to
get one of my graphics cards, e.g. Diamond S3 Trio 64 and hence
still use the serial console. However, the kernel enters debug mode
when disconnection the serial port for a significant period of time.
Having said this, the system continues to operate as normal after
issuing the `continue' command on the consoler at the debugger prompt.

I seem to remember someone mentioning this before, but was unable to
find an answer on the NetBSD website. Is there a solution to this
problem?

In the long run, I like to use the graphics console, but sofar
haven't had any luck with the cards that are available to me. I would
be interested in hearing from Miata GL users that had successes in
running the graphics console. Does the Matrox G400/G450 work on these
systems?

Many thanks in advance

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes