Subject: modem/serial port on dec 3000/300
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jens Georg <jgeorg@ldknet.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/31/2001 20:54:16
Hi.

ok, after some diggin in deja/google/geocrawler I found that it would
hard if not impossible to run a v90-modem at full speed. but I have
problems even to run it at 9600 or 19200.

i have been able to dial using tip and kermit, but i can see no response
from the modem, where on an other modem I can see the responses but the
modem keeps telling me that it gets no carrier. Both modems work fine
with a pc-laptop running freebsd.

Another point is that i can establish a direct connection using a
nullmodem cable with kermit on the dec and minicom on the laptop but it
is impossible to initiate a ppp link :(

could you tell me if it is possible to run a modem (Elsa Microlink 56k)
on this machine or do I have to setup a internet-gateway?

CU
	Jens