Subject: Re: UP2000+ SMP kernel hangs on boot?
To: mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/25/2001 08:34:39
On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 07:58:30AM -0400, mel kravitz wrote:

 > Config->UP2000+  dual 667MHZ, Qlogic 1040, Vga video, ex0 ethernet.
 > NetBSD 1.5.1 install boots single processor kernel no problem, GENERIC
 > kernel installed from -current 7/24 boots no problem.  GENERIC.MP builds
 > fine, but on boot machine hangs at :
 > Building databases...

Hm, there are some known problems in the MP code that I'm trying to
work out as I have time to do so...

If you can get into DDB (you probably REALLY want to be using a serial
console for this), can you please try and get a call traceback?

db> trace
db> mach cpu <whatver the other cpu ID is>
db> trace

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>