Subject: Re: Building X
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/20/2001 11:21:07
> It falls back to prompt if any hardware check fails.
> The PROM checks whether mouse is present, so if no mouse (or keyboard)
> is connected, it does not boot automatically unless you put
> loopback connector instead.
>
> I've heard there are some jumpers in the box to disable the check,
> but not sure..

That's what I was going to say to check as well..  There is a prom
variable (console maybe) that tells the machine what kind of console is
supposed to be present.  I know I had to change mine to serial....
-Linc.

Wish I was at my Alpha right now - I could give you the variable names to
look for..

--
 11:19am  up 18 days,  4:52,  4 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.58, 0.60