Subject: Re: SRM Update
To: Lars <cryptr@cryptr.net>
From: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/20/2001 17:19:09
Lars wrote:
> How do i update the SRM the easiest way ?
> I have NetBSD 1.5.1 on the Alpha and various
> Linux systems running slackware, i read
> the doc's on compaq.com and mostly all speak
> about VMS, and True64 ways of upgrading.

The easiest way is to use the latest Compaq firmware CD. Just boot
it, it's menu driven.

The next best thing is to write the firmware update boot diskette on
a Tru64 system, then boot that diskette. I am not aware of a way to
write it on Linux (tried, didn't work) or BSD (didn't try).

In case your system has a shot firmware, there is an emergency mode
that autoboots the firmware update program from CD or diskette. How
to get there depends on the system.

Wolfgang