Subject: Re: port-alpha/12923
To: None <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/18/2001 17:53:36
Markus W Kilbinger wrote:

>I did it with my AlphaStation 500/500 containing a PowerStorm 4d20:
>Built a todays -current kernel and booted it with 1.5.1 userland:
>
>Seems to work! The 4d20 no longer panics the kernel and a simple vga
>is detected:
>
>  vga0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: Digital Equipment TGA2 (rev. 0x22)
>  wsdisplay0 at vga0: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
>
>-> dmesg output looks like without the enabled 'tga*' kernel option.
>
>'XalphaNetBSD' complains about:
>
>  unable to get frame buffer info: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
>Altogether: Is it what you have expected?

Yep.  I am currently working on getting XalphaNetBSD to support
the card and have the console use it as a framebuffer.  Currently,
I have it working on my machine at 1280x1024, but the colors are
completely borked.  I'm hoping to have something that works with
the appropriate colors some time next week (as I have to work all
week, the weekend is my only time.)

When I get done with the framebuffer console support, I've been
toying with the idea of providing a wscons framework to bounce into
and out of vga mode for those who want both.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==
 == Ponte, Inc.                                    http://www.ponte.com/  ==