Subject: Re: Boot oddities with 1.5.1
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Tomi Nylund <wizard@mail.suomi.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/11/2001 01:18:40
Tomi Nylund wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Now, to the problem: when starting to process rc.d, my machine complains
> continuosly "B: not found". The same happens when I try to start
> daemons manually after boot sequence has finished, and the prompt
> appeared, for example sshd.
>
> Anyone seen this? Is it just my installation gone foobar, or is there
> something else behind it?

Most probably foobar :) I re-checked just
before going to bed, trussed a process,
and found that there was a capital "b"
at the beginning of /etc/rc.conf. Most probably
it ended up there when I tried to get vi to obey
my command :) Checked the inst. media, wasn't
present over there, so I guess it was my mistake.

Now I'll go to bed and try get some sleep.

Tomi