Subject: Re: Mouse/keyboard support on DEC 3000/400 (and other turbo bus Alphas)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Bucketmouth Frogstump <bucketmouthfrogstump@hotmail.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/02/2001 11:50:43
>	Take a look at the 2001/01 alpha mailing list archives, >bucketmouth
>frogstump put together a Xserver and a console based 1.5 >install (I have X
>running on one of my 3000/300X's Thanks to his work)

Great to know someone found it useful. :)

>	Dont know whether wscons or X for TC Alphas has made it into any
>standard release...

Haven't looked over the stuff lately, but I seem to recall a discussion
about the serial drivers being the reason the TC stuff couldn't be
integrated with the usual install stuff. It'd break too many other machines.

Anyway, I'm planning on assembling a 1.5.1 release once it's out - shouldn't
be too much drama to build a bootable ISO image.

In the meantime, everything I've played with so far can be found at:
ftp://discord.maths.monash.edu.au/pub/netbsd

There's a 1.5 ISO there, but I think it has problems. The cdhdtape image is
known to work fine.