Subject: Re: PC164 question
To: bad bob <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/01/2001 06:26:40
bad bob wrote:

> One more question - caused by a symptom. If I have have three ide
> drives wired up, drive and CD on first IDE connector, a second master
> drive on the second ide connector, the system does not see any of the
> drives - disconnecting the second hard drive, on second ide conn,
> I get the first two back.
>
> Yep, I have checked the cables. Yep I have double and triple
> checked the cables and drives.  Either drive runs as master,
> drive 0, on the ide interface.

I have a similar setup, with the CD on the second IDE channel:

 wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <IBM-DTLA-307045>
 wd1 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 1: <IBM-DTLA-307045>
 atapibus0 at pciide0 channel 1
 cd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <SONY CDU4811, , PY09> type 5 cdrom removable
 wd2 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 0: <IBM-DTLA-307045>

I wonder if it's possible that you have a CD that's not happy being a
slave or something silly like that...

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/