Subject: RE: Multia won't boot :-{
To: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/29/2001 13:34:21
[ On Thursday, June 28, 2001 at 22:47:42 (-0500), John Hayward wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: Multia won't boot :-{
>
> Well, careful examination of the E215 still looks ok
>
> Cutting the yellow wires increased the fan speed.
>
> Replacing the battery - unfortunatly did not resolve the problem.

Hmmm... that's too bad.

> Since I had been on vacation I now remember occationally a clicking
> or poping sound from the Multia while it was last up.

I'd think that kind of sound could probably only come from power supply
(if it didn't come from the speaker, that is).

> o Should I be able to connect the SCSI drive up to a VAX or MIPS machine
>   and mount the file system?  There are some configuration and text files
>   I would like to have.

Yup, though you might want to try trading it to someone who actually
needs a 2.5" drive (I gave one of mine to a friend with a sparcVoyager)

> o Anyone interested in 64MB of IBM Parity Memory which I reciently
>   purchased from an E-Bay auction.

How much?  :-

--
							Greg A. Woods