Subject: Re: RE: Multia won't boot :-{
To: 'John Hayward' <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/29/2001 16:20:43
On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 10:25:40AM -0400, David Woyciesjes wrote:
> 	Yeah, I'm interested in the all remains... Anyways, what do you mean
> by a 'clicking and popping'?

If you get 'clicking and popping' when you switch the Multia on (but
bothing further happens) then yuo may want to check out the
power-cabling. I had a similar thing; wriggling the power cables
sometimes helped to get it to boot again, but in the end I had to
rewire the cables from the powersupply to the motherboard. Probable
cause was stressing the cables to much when sliding out (partially)
the motherboard with power-cables still attached. Look at the power
plugs that plug onto the motherboard; mine were slightly brown due to
overheating as the cables had thinned out...

Since replacing the power-cabling my Multia has been up for almost
three months as my home-router (running even without fans --
underclocked and in a cool place, but still...)

Feico.