Subject: Re: Slightly Off-Topic...
To: Michael Kukat <>
From: Matt London <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/26/2001 12:40:11

> > Awesome. The very basic concepts of modern computing all in flashing
> > colors and moving pixels on a TV screen. Incredible.
> This might be the modern version of those computers with all those thousands
> LEDs and lamps you always see in old sci-fi movies :)

Yes, very neat :&)

I once saw a TV program (Secret Life of Machines, either 2nd or 3rd
series, 3rd I think) where they looked into the inards of an x86 PC - they
slowed the clock right down and attached LEDs to the IO lines - very

-- Matt

Web Page:

PGP Key fingerprint = 00BF 19FE D5F5 8EAD 2FD5  D102 260E 8BA7 EEE4 8D7F