Subject: Re: Slightly Off-Topic...
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/25/2001 23:57:15
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Lord Isildur wrote:

> oracle is the good guys????
> oracle and sun are just like microsoft! the only difference is that they
> a: refuse to stop competing with microsoft (good) and
> b: their stuff, unlike microsoft, actually WORKS! (also good)
> but they have the same attitude that m$ does, practically.

Well, by comparision they're the good guys.  And as you point out, their
stuff actually works... well again that's when compared to Microsoft and
PCs.  My biggest complaint with Microsoft and friends isn't that they're a
greedy monopoly, it's that their crap just doesn't work.

And if I had to choose between the crazy arrogant egomaniac power monger
personalities of Larry Ellison and Bill Gates--I'd take Ellison any day.
He's at least interesting in his craziness and he has better taste than
Gates.

-brian.