Subject: Re: Slightly Off-Topic...
To: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/25/2001 15:22:00
On June 25, Wolfgang Rupp wrote:
> >   What I find infuriating about this is the damned suits at Compaq (and
> > everywhere else, it seems) seem to be under the impression that
> > processor architecture is a BUSINESS DECISION.
>
> The design per se, not. The decision which one available you take, is.

  THAT'S the problem that I'm talking about.  Different processors do
different things better or worse than other processors.  The processor
should be chosen according to its strengths and weaknesses as they
relate to the application in question.  These are TECHNICAL ISSUES.
Not business ones.

     -Dave McGuire