Subject: Re: HELP!
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/22/2001 11:19:04
On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 02:28:48PM +0200, Johan Danielsson wrote:

> > cool, thanks.  is that in the GENERIC kernel?
> Doesn't seem so.

that's good actually, means it should just work.

> > if so, what are the possible reasons it didn't probe and load?
> I think you have to configure your ISA devies in SRM, right?

well, the sound is onboard, so i'm going to assume that it's already in the SRM
although i should double check next time i'm over there.  but i don't have any
experience with the non-TurboChannel alpha boxes, so i'm not real sure what
i'm doing in there.  i think i'll build him a new kernel and see if it "Just
Works(tm)" and if it does leave it at that. :)

thanks!

-brian