Subject: Re: HELP!
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/21/2001 09:53:50
On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Seti@Home isn't a very good benchmark.  The Seti@Home folks are of
> the "all the world's a PeeCee" mindset and have put huge amounts of
> work into optimizing the Intel clients, and comparatively little into
> other processors.
>
>   This is YET ANOTHER reason why I abandoned that project some time ago
> despite the fact that I think the idea is extremely cool.
>
>         -Dave McGuire

I figured that as well - thinking that maybe the code is not optimised.  I
do like the idea though and really want to be able to get through some
packets in a reasonable amount of time.  Just don't want to have to go out
and buy a fast PC to do it with.  Rather stick to "better" archetecture
than intel.

-Linc.

--
  9:51am  up 63 days, 21:49,  4 users,  load average: 1.88, 1.84, 1.86