Subject: Re: libbfd broken?
To: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@tampabay.rr.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/18/2001 18:34:02
On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, Ken Wellsch wrote:
> I got the same immediately after the install of the libc shared lib.
> When I revert to a 12.75 copy left over from a prior build I seem to
> be okay again.  I fussed around with bfd, ld.so and ld without having
> any change in behavior alas.

Hmm, looks like a couple of my shared libs are broken... libbfd was one
of them though--after replacing libbfd.so.3.0 with the one from the May
4 snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org, ranlib, ar, and ld started working.
However, gdb still cores at the same place. Also, telnet cores as it
exits (it'll telnet just fine, but it dies after the connection is
closed...). Reverting to libc.so.12.75 from the May 4 snapshot doesn't
seem to help anything :(