Subject: Re: alphabios to srm -255/233
To: None <>
From: Charles Redmond <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/17/2001 14:25:40
     On Friday night I picked up a second unit and was able to
(once I went from a console terminal via tip to a vga monitor) srm the console of the second unit. Looking at the first now it has a vga console too I have noticed the original "number nine" vido card has been replaced with a pretty ordinary peecee one..

I was able to flash to srm but I suspect this video card is not supported by srm.. Would this likely be the case?
The unit makes a single beep nosie on boot..

>in the CD and find the menu selection that reads "Update firmware" or
>something like that. Then, "update" the SRM console firmware which will
>overwrite the AlphaBIOS.

--== Sent via ==--