Subject: Re: TC SCSI in DEC 3000/300LX
To: Kevin Sullivan <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/09/2001 00:41:12
Kevin Sullivan wrote:

> So, I have an old 3000/300 which is my "main" machine (it receives my
> mail and serves my web pages, and has been happily chugging along for
> years).  I've put in a second SCSI controller but can't get it to work.
> Here are the critical bits from dmesg; the complete dmesg is below.
> [ First, we do find the onboard controller. ]
> tc0 at tcasic0: 12.5 MHz clock
> tcds0 at tc0 slot 4 offset 0x0: TurboChannel Dual SCSI (baseboard)
> asc0 at tcds0 chip 0: NCR53C94, 25MHz, SCSI ID 7
> scsibus0 at asc0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
> [ But we can't find the new controller. ]
> asc (53c94 SCSI) at tc0 slot 1 offset 0x0 not configured

You're trying to add a single scsi controlled (a PMAZ) and not a dual
scsi controller (PMAZB or PMAZC)?  It looks like the glue to attach an
"asc" directly to a "tc" is missing for alpha.

Can you try the kernel at
and see if that works?  It's a 1.5.1_BETA2 "ALPHA" kernel with the asc
at tc attach goo.

Simon Burge                            <>
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service: