Subject: Re: AXPpci 33 166MHz Mobo & parity RAM?
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/08/2001 01:51:35
> 	Well mine won't. Do you know what version of the console you're
> using? I just remember mine being built in late 1994 V3.1 maybe. It's
> written down at home. I saw printed on the console *** no mouse connected
> switching to serial console *** at each boot.

I've never experienced this type of problem on my system which was
purchased in 1996. It's firmware was since upgraded twice
with the latest in 2000 (by memory - can't shutdown the server right
now...) My suggestion would be to visit the Compaq/DEC ftp-server and
download the latest version for AXPpci33 which runs on this system.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes