Subject: Re: remote console via LAT?
To: None <port-alpha@mail.netbsd.org, port-pmax@mail.netbsd.org,>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/05/2001 23:52:12
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu wrote;
>
> >  Can you provide which ROM monitors specifically?  I can try accessing
> > them if I have any of them.
>
> According to DEC3000/300 Hardware Reference Manual 6-7 SRM provides
> the way to transmit console output to VMS via network.  The pages
> include terms MOP and NCP which I have little good knowledge.

  Well, I use a VMS worktation and am quite familiar with MOP and NCP, but
I don't have the DEC3000 hardware reference manual.

  Information on DECnet Phase IV stuff, including the Maintenance
Operation Protocol (which includes the remote console) is available at:

http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/DECnet/PhaseIV/index.html

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant