Subject: Re: DEC 3000/400 TC FB and OS choices.
To: Collin Baillie <sanac@ar.com.au>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/05/2001 16:27:52
On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Collin Baillie wrote:

> 1. I have a VAXStation 3100 with mouse (VSXXX-GA) and Keyboard (LK-401) W=
ill
> these work with the 3000?

Yes, but you'll need the adapter that plugs into the 15-pin D-Sub on the
DEC3000. Even though contact looks the same as the the one on the
VAXStation, the pinouts are not the same.

> 2. Assuming the above is 'Yes' I would put the VT on the VAX and run X on
> the 3000, but I need to get a FB for the 3000. Which PMAG's work currentl=
y?
> There's a note saying FB's don't work on the 'supported hardware' page, b=
ut
> in this mail list people are talking about running X on DEC 3000's.

No idea...

> 3. Finally, I have access to the 19" monitor which works with the VAX (no=
> sure of model #) Is it likely this will work? I know it can do 1024x768 @
> 60Hz. Takes RGB input. I'm trying to find out details. What monitor would=
 be
> good to get if this is not an option?

It's quite likely that the monitor from the VAX can be used, but that's
depending on which model. It might need som=E9 readjustment to work on the
DEC3000, but you should not attempt to do that unless you're really sure
what you're doing since the currents inside are lethal.

--
cheers,

/Anders

"Belgium, man, Belgium!" --Zaphod Beeblebrox

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:    http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN