Subject: Re: Anyone know what a DEC 881 alpha is?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@tmok.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/16/2001 15:30:35
On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 02:13:02AM -0400, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> That looks a lot like it.  YUK.. I see MSDOS listed in that pdf.
> It is not one of those Gatesware things is it?
>
> Which NetBSD supports it, if any?  I see it has dual processor
> capability, but I think mine has only one processor.

it looks like it shouldn't be too much trouble to get NetBSD/i386 running
on it after a quick go through of that pdf.

> It seems to be halting in the setup, so that makes me think it might
> have lost its nvram or battery.

can't help you there. sorry.

> I will take it to the i386 list, and see if they can tell me more.

looks like you have a sweet little box there.  6 EISA, 6 PCI, gobs of RAM
and dual CPU capable (consisting of extremely cheap CPUs at that too)

i hope you get it working!!

-brian