Subject: Anyone know what a DEC 881 alpha is?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/16/2001 01:47:16
I picked up a 5 buck small server chassis that seems to be some kind of
alpha or maybe intel box, not sure yet.  It has 64mb of ram and 4x1g
storageworks drives.  I could not tell what the processor was exactly,
but it indicated 590 somethingorother when hooked up to a vga monitor.
A normal pc keyboard did not seem to work on it, and it stalled on
boot with cache 180 errors.  The model numbers apear to be, from the
back label, 881WW and KA508TEBRS.  Anyone know what this thing actually
is, and what flavor of NetBSD it is most likely to run?  Heck, for 5
bucks, I couldn't let the critter get crushed.

Thanks

Bob