Subject: Miata MX5
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/14/2001 17:27:29
Anyone have sucessfull or unsuccesfull experience with Miata Personal
workstationa ?
I have found what I think to be a good offer a DPW500a with QLogic SCSI
board added, 2x 4.2 DEC rz29 disks 256MB RAM at about $800 here in Italy.
The problem is that it is not an original 500au it is a 500a which was
added a scsi card on it. Might I have problems ruinning NetBSD on it ??
I heard of a strange PCI bug on the MX5 Miata models. I heard on MiataGL
this problem was solved. I do not know if this model is a MX5 or a GL
anyway there are not the 2 USB ports on the rear so I Expect it to be a
MX5 Miata. Is it true that I need to add an IDE hard disk to boot NetBSD
??
Will the SRM console see the IDE disk and boot off from it ??

Thanks

Rick